Roake & Cook are accountants specialising in agriculture. We help farming and rural-related businesses with their taxes, finances and accounts. Originally established to help rural business owners, our team has over 20 years’ experience working with businesses of all sizes in the rural sector.
We offer a range of rural and agricultural accounting services to help your business thrive and be resilient to any challenges this industry may face. Ensuring we stay up to date with topical tax planning matters and keeping business financial information accurate, we can ensure your business is as durable as can be.
Rural sectors we work in
- Rural Leisure & Tourism (including glamping parks and other recreational activities)
- Rural Commerce (including garden centres and businesses that sell goods to the public)
- Agribusiness (including farming businesses, whether that be growing, processing or manufacturing)
The rural sector is so varied, and this is partly what makes it so unique compared to any other sector. The rural sector is a lifestyle and, much alike those that operate within it, each sub-sector has specific requirements when it comes to business finance.
At Roake & Cook Limited, our commitment to working close with our rural and agricultural clients means we understand your needs entirely and will always strive to get the most out of your business accounts. To find out more about our rural and agricultural accounting services Roake & Cook can offer you, continue reading or contact us today.
Accountants Specialising in Agriculture & Rural Business
Agricultural and rural accounting is different from business accounting. We recognise when it comes to farming and accounts, it’s not just the end of year accounts that are important, but the seasonal impact on production and the value of other industry-specific assets. Our team are also familiar with specialist farming software and understand the rules and regulations specific to these sectors.
No matter what kind of rural or agricultural business you are running, our agricultural accounting specialists are on-hand to help. Our wealth of experience and knowledge has meant we have assisted a huge number of businesses within this industry and have become accustomed to common issues that may arise, as well as the complexities of accounting. We prepare accounts in the most efficient way and in the preferred format that suits you best.
Rural & Agricultural Accounting Services
Running a rural business is busy at the best at times, so you don’t want to fill your spare time with organising your accounts. At Roake & Cook, we have a number of accounting services to offer and to save you more time to spend doing what you love. These include:
- Bookkeeping Services: Making sure you stay on top of your numbers on a regular basis, so you have a clear picture of your business finances. Also, completing VAT reports and dealing with VAT complications associated with this sector.
- Tax Advice: Ensuring your business structure is tax-efficient, making the most out of tax reliefs and allowances including personal and partnership tax returns, and completing Corporation Tax returns for incorporated farming companies.
- Payroll Services: Preparing payroll for different employee classifications, including seasonal, full-time, and part-time contracts
- RDEC Tax Relief Claims: Identifying new business revenue opportunities, profitable uses of land, and investment and diversification chances to qualify for R&D tax credits. Plus, advising to support these new ventures and preparing cashflows to assist with government funding requirements.
- Xero Migration: Advising the best farming accounting software for you and cloud accounting opportunities, including migrating to Xero.
Discuss Your Next Big Idea With Us
Whether it’s a limited business, partnership or sole trader, our team can prepare year-end accounts, tax returns, and present a real-time picture of the business’ performance.
By working closely alongside our clients, we strive for success and want to ensure we support them to fulfil their potential and get the most out of their agribusiness finances. This is why we offer a full accounting service to suit their needs, so contact us today.
Rural & Agricultural Research & Development
As mentioned above, we understand that rural and agricultural businesses are undertaking research and development to continually establish innovative processes that will improve several farming factors. Challenges regarding quality, output and efficiency can be addressed by implementing new techniques and processes; soil quality, crop productivity, pest control, biodiversity, etc, can all benefit from innovation. The aim of R&D is to enhance these areas for the entire sector.
Rural & Agricultural R&D examples include:
- Introducing different methods of pest control, irrigation systems, pesticides and water treatment
- Developing new types of feed for livestock; trialling different feeding times and rations
- Improving animal health and welfare; introducing different antibiotics; implementing methods to reduce mortality
- Growing different varieties of crop with enhanced properties, in varied types of soil, or in a particular climate
- Designing agricultural machinery, equipment, and structure for food engineering and agricultural processing
Are you currently involved in some projects and wondering if you could be eligible for agricultural R&D credits? Get in touch with Roake & Cook rural and agricultural accountants to discuss your innovations today.
You can get in touch with Roake & Cook: accountants specialising in agriculture, at any time using the details below.
Request a call back
If you don’t have time to speak right now, we can arrange a time to call you back. Simply fill in the details below, and one of us will be in touch to discuss your requirements.